Developer Note and Instruction on Alien::LibJQ
What This Module is
This module makes perl binding for jq and its static library. JQ is a light-weight command-line JSON processor, refer to its project page for more information.
How to Install
Install as usual:
- If you are on a windows box you should use 'nmake' rather than 'make'.
- If you are using strawberry perl on windows you should use 'gmake'.
How This Module Performs the Build
- Download and extract jq package.
- Copy required script/cmake/source files into extracted jq package directory.
- Build jq executable and jq/oniguruma static libraries using cmake.
- Install both jq and oniguruma artifacts.
- Enhanced compile and link toolchain.
- Fix a jq code portability issue (calling POSIX setenv) on windows mingw.
Windows Build Note
- Only strawberry perl is tested.
- Alien::cmake3 is required to build using cmake.
- It is possible to build this package using autoconf approach on windows:
- strawberry is required to provide a working gcc toolchain from mingw.
- git windows package is required to offer bash executable on windows, installation path must NOT contain space (thus C:\Program Files not recommended).
- run configure using sh/bash executable.
- replace all MAKE variable value in generated Makefile by 'gmake' (from strawberry).