24 Jan 2016 23:27:23 UTC
- Browse (raw)
- How to Contribute
- Issues (2)
- Testers (464 / 153 / 0)
- KwaliteeBus factor: 0
- % Coverage
- License: perl_5
- Perl: v5.8.0
- Activity24 month
- Download (51.97KB)
- MetaCPAN Explorer
- Subscribe to distribution
- This version
- Latest version++ed by:2 non-PAUSE usersTHB Thomas Bergerand 2 contributors
- Ed Summers
- Martin Emmerich
Changes for version 1.20
- additional recordHandler:
- a metadataHandler will see only the (single) subelement of the OAI metadata element (so for an deleted record it might never be invoced at all)
- a recordHandler will see the OAI record element and its subelements
- Therefore a metadataHandler will now be confined to the metadata fragment(s) of the response, and the new recordHandler approximates the old behavior of ListRecords, however OAI-PMH:identifier and OAI-PMH:datestamp will now be properly encapsulated within their OAI-PMH:header element.
- Additionally, two new methods responseDate() and request() allow access to the corresponding top-level OAI-PMH elements in all response types. A SAX filter of class Net::OAI::Record::DocumentHelper may be used to inject start_document and end_document events into the chain if they are needed.
- As a temporary measure, you may set $Net::OAI::Harvester::OLDmetadataHandler =1 to change the behavior of handlers passed as "metadataHandler" into that of a recordHandler.
Changes for version 1.20
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE introduced with version 1.20 !! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Up to version 1.15 the metadataHandler was inconsistently fed with input:
- GetRecord exposed the almost complete XML response to the Handler (including start_document/end_document events)
- ListRecords exposed the (OAI)record element (header, metadata and optional about containers) but did not propagate start_document or end_document events.
- In both cases the events for the header tags itself and for the optional setSpec subelements had not been forwarded
Changes for version 1.16_12
- dealing with CPANTS Kwalitee issues, esp. version number mess
- new filter class Net::OAI::Record::DocumentHelper for tweaking
Changes for version 1.16_11
- minor cleanup
Changes for version 1.16_10
- renamed alldata() method for accessing recordHandler results to recorddata()
- better propagation of namespace prefix mapping events
- Net::OAI::NamespaceFilter with a result() method
- Net::OAI::NamespaceFilter tested with XML::SAX::Writer
- AUTHOR formatting
Changes for version 1.16_09
- Net::OAI::NamespaceFilter as kind of generic metadata handler
- Queries are now constructed basing on a copy of the Harvester's baseURL
- pass parameters to URI->query_form() more reproducably, (esp. "verb" should now always be first to accommodate some allegedly broken repositories)
- temporary? tests for correctness of LWP operations
Changes for version 1.16_07
- added new methods: response(), responseDate(), error()
- Smoke still tests failed on 'Bad Host' tests (wrong error codes induced by HTTP proxies?)
- aligned behavior of metadataHandler for listRecords() and getRecord()
- introducing alternative recordHandler for listRecords() and getRecord()
- removed erroneous resumptionToken handling for identify()
Changes for version 1.16_04
- consider HTTP proxies in design of t/003.error.t
- 'Bad Host' tests failing b/c error code 500 is not the expected code 404 (due to some recent change in LWP)?
Changes for version 1.16_01
- Modules were not namespace aware.
- Add HTTPRetryAfter() method (catches HTTP Retry-After header)
- Check responses for Content-Type and charset before parsing
- Net::OAI::Header handed up (empty) header elements and other stuff to the request's metadataHandler
- SKIP tests when HTTP errors are encountered
Documentationlist metadataformats in an OAI-PMH archivelist records in an OAI-PMH archivelist sets in an OAI-PMH archive
ModulesA base class for all OAI-PMH responsesOAI-PMH errors.The results of a GetRecord OAI-PMH verb.A package for harvesting metadata using OAI-PMHResults of the Identify OAI-PMH verb.Results of the ListIdentifiers OAI-PMH verb.Results of the ListMetadataFormats OAI-PMH verb.Results of the ListRecords OAI-PMH verb.The results of the ListSets OAI-PMH verb.An OAI-PMH record.filter class for fine tuning document events and collecting processing resultsclass for record header representationgeneral filter class based on namespace URIsclass for baseline Dublin Core supportAn OAI-PMH resumption token.
Module Install Instructions
To install Net::OAI::Base, copy and paste the appropriate command in to your terminal.
perl -MCPAN -e shell install Net::OAI::Base
For more information on module installation, please visit the detailed CPAN module installation guide.