Changes for version 1.22 - 2020-04-26
- This is a stable release with the same changes as 1.21. See the change logs for 1.17 and 1.21 for details of what's new.
Changes for version 1.21 - 2020-04-04 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Add two class methods that provide introspection on the available limit processing parameters, max_param_constant() and limit_key_is_supported(). Based on a PR from Paul Wise. GH #24.
Changes for version 1.20 - 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Fix one last test that assumed a limit parameter was available. Reported by Slaven Rezić. GH #22.
Changes for version 1.19 - 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Fix tests that still mistakenly assumed that all limit parameter constants should be exported by File::LibMagic. Reported by Slaven Rezić. GH #22.
Changes for version 1.18 - 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Not all versions of libmagic support setting processing limits, and those that do may not support all the limit parameters that the most recent version supports. This release fixes compilation and runtime issues that would occur with older libmagic versions that don't support the same options as the version I have installed locally. Reported by Slaven Rezić. GH #22.
Changes for version 1.17 - 2020-03-28 (TRIAL RELEASE)
- Switched to using GitHub issues.
- Removed embedded copy of Config::AutoConf from distro. Instead this is now a configure phase prereq. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #19.
- Moved list of constants in libmagic that we care about to one module. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #20.
- Add support for setting libmagic processing limits. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #15.
- Check all libmagic function return values properly and croak on failure. Implemented by Paul Wise. GH #21.
Determine MIME types of data or files using libmagic
Contains a list of libmagic constant names that we use in many places