Changes for version 2.127 - 2021-02-13
- Move dist testing past quicker-to-fail sanity checks
- Check that the release will have a version larger than what is already on CPAN
- Add Module::Release::Git 1.016 featues to control which branch can release and set the commit message format from config
- Clean up a lot of the output, adding more section headers as the process moves through its stages
- see the "Configuration" section in script/release for what's new. Most things should be fine even if you don't have the latest modules.
Changes for version 2.126_01 - 2021-01-29
- Fix the code to look back in git history to find the latest contributors
- Update the Mojo code to upload to PAUSE. This means the min Perl is now v5.16.
- Dumped DateTime in favor of Time::Piece because our requirements are modest. Time::Piece comes with Perl.
- Tux added a `require` field to configuration
- Dump Travis CI but add Github Actions
Automate software releases
Play the CPANTS game
Check Perl's MANIFEST to ensure you've updated it
Interact with MetaCPAN
Interact with the Perl Authors Upload Server (PAUSE)
Check pre-requisites list in build file
Use Subversion with Module::Release
Upload through the PAUSE web interface